In The Beginning Was a Worm...

One Friday night after a long day of work, i get a random phone call from a drunk drag queen friend that was working a weekend job in a desert town an hour and a 1/2 outside of L.A. - she called to tell me how she was stranded in the middle of nowhere at a little house with barely anything around except a bunch of fog and a red full moon -- she said I would love it because it would be the perfect area to film a horror movie. I agreed that it sounded cool but pretty much shrugged it off since this friend usually rambles on about crazy random things no matter where she is.

The next day she calls me again to tell me how she found out about a bunch of weird folklore in the area. The woman she was working for told her a bunch of creepy stories about neighbors being murdered and rumors of supernatural myths in the area. This got my attention and made me curious to check it out.

My friend asked me if i would be willing to come out to look at the location and meet with her boss to hear more creepy stories. I hesitated due to the long drive out there but finally agreed since i had no other plans that day.

When i got there, It WAS perfect for filming. Everything looked straight out of Texas Chainsaw Massacre and the stories WERE pretty creepy. The woman living there offered her house as a location if we wanted to shoot there. A few plot ideas popped into my head but on the long drive home I figured it would be way too far to bring a whole crew and actors down there and it would cost way too much to get something off the ground.

That night I get an out of the blue message from another friend that I worked with on previous projects who randomly tells me that she wants to produce and put money into filming a new movie. I immediately tell her "i have a creepy house in the desert we can film a horror movie at..."

Her answer "i'm in! Let's put together a treatment!"

A couple weeks later... I sent her the treatment, we finalized it and I began writing the actual script.

I guess some things are just meant to be....




No comments:

Post a Comment